I've been here awhile

My Note Edge No video Call?
Share all plan wife 's S6 does
what's going on?

***Edited Labels***

27 REPLIES 27

Re: Video Calling Not Working Share All Plan

Hello, @BammBamm68

Thank you for the update. Just to confirm, are those Rogers' devices using LTE SIM cards? I suggest to isolate the issue would you please swap the SIM cards from the video calling working phone to the non-working phone? Let us know the outcome. 

And as for the Google Duo will use data to make the video calls when you are not on the WiFi connection.  

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Shadow87
I've been here awhile
I'm not understanding why the Samsung video doesn't work. All my other 3rd party apps make video calls. I have an s8+ it worked once when I first bought the phone may of 2017.
Now everyone I try calling friends and family with the similar phones s7 edge note 8 and other s8 phones on the Rogers network all i get is a msg saying video calling is not available. Please help. I have a family share plan with unlimited video calling but unable to use the service. I didn't pay 1200 for a phone to only have limited functionality.

Hello, @Shadow87

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. The video calling is surely a great feature and it should work if you are on a Share Everything plan and using the LTE SIM card. Are you using the default Samsung Phone app? Have you made any changes to the launcher?

Let us know if any other modifications were done to the phone and we can look into finding the solution for you. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Shadow87
I've been here awhile
Yes I have tried using the default app built into the phone. From the dial pad I put the number in and on my left hand of the screen I have the video option. I havnt modified or added anything to the phone. I have other apps such as what's app and Snapchat that enable video calls.

I called Rogers tech and said nothing they can do about it since everything is fine they don't know how to make it work. Which makes absolutely no sense.

Hello @Shadow87,

I know how frustrating it must be not being able to use all of the features available on your new device. It is pretty strange that it is not working when other Video Calling apps work totally fine. As long as the Data is working on your device and you are Video Calling a compatible device it should work without issues.

What network are you connecting to when you are trying to make the Video Calls, is it LTE, 3G/4G or Wi-Fi?

RogersTony

Shadow87
I've been here awhile
LTE and in already have the VoLTE enabled. Also doesn't work with the Wi-Fi either

Hello, @Shadow87

Thank you for confirming that the phone is connecting to LTE and VoLTE is enabled. When you got your S8+ did you use Smart Switch to transfer your contacts, messages, music etc.? Do you recall how you have transferred all the apps etc. to S8+?

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 27 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 11 in conversation