cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static IP address

snowfun87
I've been around

We are working with USB over Ethernet device. When we plug it into the phone, Android tries to use DHCP to get an IP address. We want to turn this off for our device.
Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks, 

*Edited Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Static IP address

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Do  you mean a USB to Ethernet Adapter?  And .... do you want to assign a static IP address thru the modem instead of using DHCP?  Just trying to make sure of what you're trying to achieve.  

If your goal is to assign a static IP address, first, you will have to let the phone connect to the modem.  Once the phone is connected, you can log into the modem, navigate to the BASIC .... LAN Setup tab and use the DHCP reservation function to assign a static IP address to the Mac Address that the phone is using.  When that is done, save the changes and reboot the modem,  ADMIN .... DEVICE RESET .... Reboot Function.  With a USB to Ethernet adapter, I suspect that the adapters IP address is the one that will show up in the list of connected devices within the DHCP Reservation popup tab.  I suspect that is the case, but don't quote me on that one.  

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Static IP address

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Do  you mean a USB to Ethernet Adapter?  And .... do you want to assign a static IP address thru the modem instead of using DHCP?  Just trying to make sure of what you're trying to achieve.  

If your goal is to assign a static IP address, first, you will have to let the phone connect to the modem.  Once the phone is connected, you can log into the modem, navigate to the BASIC .... LAN Setup tab and use the DHCP reservation function to assign a static IP address to the Mac Address that the phone is using.  When that is done, save the changes and reboot the modem,  ADMIN .... DEVICE RESET .... Reboot Function.  With a USB to Ethernet adapter, I suspect that the adapters IP address is the one that will show up in the list of connected devices within the DHCP Reservation popup tab.  I suspect that is the case, but don't quote me on that one.  

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation