Sony Phones 2017

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Sony Phones 2017

Just wondering if there has been any news on the newer Sony phones coming to Rogers on contract? Specifically the XZ1, and XZ Premium. Hoping they aren't going the way of Amazon exclusivity.

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Sony Phones 2017

Hello @tyson_kad

Unfortunately at this moment Rogers doesn't make any comments on if they will carry a phone or not. They only make comments on this when they have this information. It seems like Rogers hasn't really been signing up with Sony for their phones lately so I don't think they will. Could be a exslusive rights somewhere else.

Keep looking out on the Rogers wireless page or here and hopefully u will know later on.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Fortunately my daughter is now in the U.S.  She loved her Sony, then I used it for two years, and still use it as a backup, and it is a great device to wifi only for many things when I don't want to tie up my phone.

We won't know until time comes - it seems the whole marketing strategy in electronics, like cars, and new homes, is we market that they are coming, get people excited, preorder, and then we sit and wait to see if carriers are going to support it.

I look over the pre order and new phone threads, and 

@Meowmix does a great job of saying what she can say, her guesses from past experiences, but unfortunately, we are left in the dark until carriers are ready to say, one if they will carrier it, then two if they will support all features.

I cringe on what will happen when no locking comes into play -  will companies just turn a whole lot of features off on all phones, and then require us to pay a fee to dump the most recent software load and call ins for activations of features to make them work.

I know that is the way the business is now, but it is hard for me to get excited over any new device, or even buying a new model car, or new home, you just don't know what you are going go get at the end of the day, and even a house with all its legal review has huge loop holes that let just about anything change before you get the key.  and in addition, activation fees increases also just came (got to get those unlock fees back somehow).

Bruce

I Plan to Stick Around

That would be unfortunate. Sony phones hit a sweet spot for my wife and I, nothing else on the market seems to check off all the boxes for us. This new bezeless trend is not something I'm all that impressed with; looks fancy and nice, but is largely impractical for holding and using the phone (in my opinion of course).

I'd sooner keep my current Z3 for 2 more years than go on contract with any of the current offerings from other manufacturers. Best phone I've owned to date.

What's New
2018 VIVO IPL 11
April 7th - May 27th, 2017
Full Package
Sportsnet PPV: 377 HD | 378 SD
Price: $29.99
Playoff Matches
Sportsnet PPV: 348 HD | 250 SD
Price: $14.99/game
Full Details and Schedule

The VIVO IPL is a professional Twenty20 cricket league established by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) in 2007. The tournament features eight teams from across India with some of the most exciting and talented cricket players in the world! The 2018 season of the Indian Premier League, the VIVO IPL 11, begins its eleventh season on April 7th.

WWE: Greatest Royal Rumble LIVE
Friday April 27, 2018
LIVE: 12:00 PM ET
PPV Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD)
Price: $54.99
WWE Network Channel: 512 | 398 (Atl)
Price: $12.99
Full Details

For the first time ever, the Royal Rumble match will feature 50 WWE Superstars! Live on Sportsnet pay-per-view or on the WWE Network, channel 512 (Ontario/Atlantic)

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 in conversation