Android

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Samsung Note 8 discussion's

[ Edited ]
I Plan to Stick Around

Samsung Note 8 discussion's

[ Edited ]

Since no one had start a post regarding this and the announcement date is so close on August 23rd, 2017. 

I am opening this post so we can start some discussion on the new Note 8.

I was one of the person who had been through the Note7 and is now waiting heavily on the Note 8.  

Any of you are planning to order it right away? 

What do you think about the new design as the design had already been leaked. 

*** Edited Labels ***

Re: Samsung Note 8 discussion's

[ Edited ]
Resident Expert

[ Edited ]

Hello @germain18_2006

Once the date comes, I'll be making a thread as usual and this thread will be moved into that one. Smiley Happy. Sorry i don't usually make threads until the actual company has announced the device and know all the correct information Smiley Happy

Unfortunately I will be passing on the Note 8. Why? I don't need it seeing as I got my S8+ and its not a big difference for me as I have seen those leaks and the design is the same with just a extra camera lens and a extra RAM which I don't use much anyways.

Its a great device for the ones still waiting for a Note series device! I'll be going after the Note 9 next year for sure.

I Plan to Stick Around

How are those that have tried the S8/S8+ liking the fingerprint sensor on the back? Seems very impracticable, a lot of the time I have the phone on my desk and can just use the front fingerprint sensor to unlock it would suck having to pick it up every time no? Unless the facial recognition worked well, I used it a bit on my Note 7 but of course that didn't last very long lol

Resident Expert

Hello @JeromeM

I am actually liking the fingerprint sensor on the back! I am using the LED Case from Samsung with my S8+ so I am used to the fingerprint sensor. Also I have added the same finger to be I'm different angels so be accepted.

I also have the iris scanner and use that sometime as well!

I Plan to Stick Around

I think we have to use the Iris scanner more.

Resident Expert

Hello @germain18_2006

As much as i like the iris scanner, sometimes I have issues with my sunglasses or my girlfriends glasses (she uses my phone as well at times). Taking the glasses off or contacts isn't a great thing.

However I would say 95% of the time it works great!

I Plan to Stick Around

I don't have a S8 so the Note8 will be a great phone for sure. It's painful been forced to return the N7 for a S7 so no matter where the finger print sensor located I'll still like it way better than the S7. Miss my Spen too.

I Plan to Stick Around

i don't get those who say why should i get it. its note 8! that's all it matters. best phone at that moment. plus a sweet gift of gear 360! u can sell it for 250 easy. i wish Rogers would also offer something.. 3 gig bonus or something.. and we want MORE colours. not just black. also please get them faster

[ Edited ]
I Plan to Stick Around

[ Edited ]
I heard that they will come with Black and Gold first batch. But I want the new deep blue....

Resident Expert

Hello @kavkaz

I am not getting it due to having the S8+. It's the same device minus the Spen and extra gig and the second camera that's really it. For me thats not much of a difference tbh. S7 edge vs the Note 7 was a huge difference. The Note line was known for bigger screens and different styles. The Note 8 and S8+ is basically the same device. Same look, same internals ( most part). So it's a no go for me for that reason. Unless they change it around, I'll stick to this. The Gear 360 won't be much for me as I won't use it and Goodluck getting much for it anyways. Everyone will be selling theirs so many won't offer to pay that much really. Looks the Gear VR and controller. Many had to sell it below the $100 mark due to so many trying to sell theirs.

As for colors, Rogers has no control over that. It's up to what Samsung Canada wants to bring first.

Topic Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 in conversation