cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROGERS Network work with Unlocked Phones?

M1cha3l
I've been here awhile

Hello,

Just thought I'd ask here because I'm planning on buying an unlocked phone from Japan and am wondering if it will work on your network?(I have rogers and want a cool JP one XD)

I have two models I'm considering:

Docomo Sony SO-04E Xperia A(Unlocked By Docomo):

Network:

• 2G Network : GSM GPRS EDGE  850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz 
  • 3G Network : UMTS HSDPA  850, 900, 2100 MHz
  • 4G Network : LTE 800, 1500, 2100 MHz

The other is:

Docomo Sony SO-04D Xperia GX(Unlocked By Docomo):

Network:

• 2G Network : GSM GPRS EDGE  850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz 
  • 3G Network : UMTS HSDPA  800, 850, 2100 MHz
  • 4G Network : LTE 2100 MHz

The thing is, they are both identical save for the 1500, 2100 MHz on the second phone and I don't know if that will impede anything, like browsing or the like.

Thanks,

***edited labels***

46 REPLIES 46

Re: ROGERS Network work with Unlocked Phones?

gp-se
I'm an advisor

@RR10 wrote:

Hello,

Thanks for replying to my message.

I did some more research about the device and was able to get more information about network compatibility. The website further stated it supports:

2G: GSM 1800MHz,GSM 1900MHz,GSM 850MHz,GSM 900MHz 
3G: WCDMA B1 2100MHz,WCDMA B8 900MHz 
Network type: FDD-LTE,GSM,TDD-LTE,WCDMA 
WIFI: 802.11a/b/g/n/ac wireless internet 
Wireless Connectivity: 3G,4G,A-GPS,Bluetooth,GPS,GSM,WiFi 
4G LTE: FDD B1 2100MHz,FDD B20 800MHz,FDD B3 1800MHz,FDD B7 2600MHz,TDD B38 2600MHz,TDD B40 2300MHz

Since I have already ordered the phone I am more than curious and confused about it. I may have a strange or same question for you but Can I be 60% positive about this phone working on Rogers network?

Thanks again!

The device will work on Rogers, however only in certain locations that use B7 2600Mhz. Rogers doesn't use B7 2600Mhz at every cell tower, so only the few towers that use 2600Mhz will be able to connect to your device.

bryanjpoole
I've been here awhile

No LTE connection on Doogee S60 Lite

I purchased a Doogee S60 Lite from China recently.  It supports all the same bands as Rogers uses.  When I connect to the Core APN, I can make and receive phone calls, SMS no problems.  Data will only connect to EDGE and I cannot seem to get a connection on the speedtest app.  Facebook loads exceedingly slowly.  Tech support says they have no idea.  

Interestingly enough, if i connect to the rogers LTE APN I will get 4G no problem, but I do not receive phone calls.

Hey @bryanjpoole,

Welcome to our Community Forums!

I'm not too familiar with the Doogee S60 Lite, but new gadgets are always fun to play with! Can you share with the Community which APN settings you've tried so far?

Have you had a chance to review @RogersRoland post regarding Rogers APN Settings? Have a look and let us know result!

Unfortunately, because it is a non-Rogers branded phone, we can not guarantee functionality on our network.

Kind regards,

RogersCilio

bryanjpoole
I've been here awhile

I was really grumpy about it at first, let me tell you 😄

That being said. 

I tried the core APN(there were two) as well as the LTE APN.  They auto populated from the sim card, I'm guessing.  On the Core APN, I can send and receive phone calls, SMS and MMS no problem.  The MMS are slow, because I'm only getting EDGE service.

From what I understand the Rogers LTE APN is data only and doesn't support voice.  I can make calls on this APN, it take 30 plus seconds to start ringing though.

For now, as I casually hunt for a solution, I'm leaving it connected to the Core APN so i can get phone calls and texts and facebook messages.   If I need to use data and I'm not on Wifi, I'm just switching APNs.  It's a bit cumbersome, but it works in the mean time.

This phone has dual standby sim cards.  I wonder If I got a Data only sim card from rogers as well if that would allow me to use the 4g APN on the data only sim and then voice and texts on the other sim???  If that works(I'll have to try it with another rogers sim card first to make sure it works) then that could be an easy solution.

bryanjpoole
I've been here awhile

I have solved this simply by going into the Phone information screen and changing the preferred network type to WCDMA preferred.

Topic Stats