cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moto X Play no menu

torontodigitalq
I plan to stick around

I have had my Moto X Play phone for about 14 months, but Iwouldn't buy another one. It comes with no menu software to explore the various folders on the phone as Samsung phones does (Samsung Kies connects your mobile phone to your PC, making it easier for you to synchronize data between devices and find new apps.)

It does come with some sort of USB driver which does nothing,  when I open the drive (XT1563) in Win 10 explorer there is nothing to see on the phone, no galleries, no music, no nothing, can't upload and can't download or sync anything.  Nope won't buy Moto anything next year , very disappointed.

BTW I did checkout Mobogenie  for PC but AVG wouldn't allow download it contains PUPs browser hijacks and other nasty things, since it's 3rd party software,  whereas Kies comes from Samsung.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Moto X Play no menu

Okay, understood @torontodigitalq!

Any device that has a camera should be automatically recognized by a Windows PC and prompt a file transfer of the photos automatically. Is this not happening? If not, it's possible that you're missing a key driver.

Another possibility is that the cord you're using isn't a data transfer cable and it's for charging only. If you have another USB cord, I'd try it out just to test.

Please let us know if either of these options help you out.

Thanks!

RogersCorey

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @torontodigitalq

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums!

When you connect your phone to your PC, on the phone you should see an option for USB charging, transfer files, transfer photos etc. which you should be able to select to transfer the file or photo.

Anyone else in the Community able to provide some insight here?

RogersPrasana

@RogersPrasana wrote:

Hi @torontodigitalq

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums!

When you connect your phone to your PC, on the phone you should see options like user USB for charging, transfer files, transfer photos etc. which you should be able to select to transfer the file or photo.

Anyone else in the Community able to provide some insight here?

RogersPrasana 

The only software they have is Motorola Device Manager, which is only good for charging your phone and nothing else.

TDQ

Okay, understood @torontodigitalq!

Any device that has a camera should be automatically recognized by a Windows PC and prompt a file transfer of the photos automatically. Is this not happening? If not, it's possible that you're missing a key driver.

Another possibility is that the cord you're using isn't a data transfer cable and it's for charging only. If you have another USB cord, I'd try it out just to test.

Please let us know if either of these options help you out.

Thanks!

RogersCorey

That's all very well, but doesn't answer the question. Motorola phone software, sucks.  My next phone in 2018 won't be Moto anything, more than likely Samsung,  as they have Keis software.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation