Galaxy S7 data connection deteriorates throughout the day

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Galaxy S7 data connection deteriorates throughout the day

I've all but confirmed that it's a Rogers network problem. One of their techs told me on the phone that it's being looked into, but that was all they could see on the ticket.

They will offer replacement phones, but that will not resolve the issue. Repairs will also not resolve the issue, if you have a device with the Exynos modem.

I will be filing a CRTC complaint, and I already emailed all my evidence to CTV to see if they report on it.

But in the meantime, we are stuck with a marginally operational phone unless you can switch carriers.

I Plan to Stick Around

Use the ROGERS-EXT network, and the problem goes away. The phone works fine when connected to a non Rogers network, and has issues when connected to the Rogers network.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see where the problem lies...
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers EXT doesn't work for me (I live in Victoria). Band 17 works fine but I have noticed my battery life declining...
Also, they will probly cut off ur EXT access after two months of use
I've Been Here Awhile

I had this issue for 6 months from july on.  In December my S7's main back button started to not work so I sent it in via my Best Buy geek squad protection plan (13.99/month).  they replaced my phone with Im assuming a newer version of the phone and so far for 2 months my phone hasnt lost connectivity once, so I dont have to reset it 5 times a day anymore.   So Im pretty sure Samsung changed something in there phone to help with Rogers terrible towers and service.  I will be buying another samsung after this issue, but I will not be signing another contract with Rogers as they were useless to deal with on this issue.

I Plan to Stick Around

Well you can always check your model number, but if you're in Canada, chances are it's the same phone and the same modem in it. Most people's issues are stemming from the ROGERS mobile network. ROGERS-EXT does work a lot better if you can access it, which I am doing now. Hopefully they will have the ROGERS network fixed by the time my ROGERS-EXT network runs out. If they don't, and if they kick me off the EXT network as well I'll be giving them a call that will not be pleasant for them.

But regardless, I think after my contract is up I'm moving to Telus. I don't see them as that much better, but at least I know my phone will work properly on their network.

I've Been Here Awhile

Add me to the list of S7 owners with the same issues. Picked up a new phone to replace my 2 1/2 year old S5 that never had an issue with service. Tried doing a factory reset, sim card and then a new replacement S7 last week. It almost seems worse with the new phone but I think I am just more upset about the issue now. It took 5 calls to Rogers tech support before I finally talked to someone that admitted that there is a common issue with the S7. I am also finding out just now that this issue has been around for at least a year. I wish I still had my S5 to use but I handed it in for a credit. The worst part of this whole thing is that most of the time when the phone is out of service, it is showing me 4G and full bars. I don't know that I don't have service until I try to make a call or the guy with me gets a call asking to talk to me. I then restart my phone and find there are 4 voicemails and a dozen emails from people that are now aggravated that I was not available to answer questions. There was one day I was connected to a very strong signal of Shaw Wifi and didn't recive emails or phone calls for 4 hours. Someone actually had to come to the job I was at to tell me to call someone.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hey I recommend locking it to one of therogers-ext networks. I've been using it for a month and not a single problem. The speeds are even faster than regular Rogers network. (It's bell/Telus)
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Use the rogers-ext network if you can. No issues on that one and if Rogers restricts your usage after 3 months tell them to stuff it, threaten to cancel your contract, CRTC complaint, whatever it takes.

I've Been Here Awhile

The whole reason I am with Rogers is for cell coverage while at home. Rogers is the only provider with a strong enough signal in my area. When I moved here a few years ago I had no service at home with Telus and everyone that comes over that isn't on Rogers hmgets really bad service. Rogers EXT is just one of the other providers correct?
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, it's one of the other networks. Definitely resolves the problem with lost connection.

If you have WiFi at home, you could enable WiFi calling.

It's a shame that Rogers lets this issue slide.
What's New
2018 VIVO IPL 11
April 7th - May 27th, 2017
Full Package
Sportsnet PPV: 377 HD | 378 SD
Price: $29.99
Playoff Matches
Sportsnet PPV: 348 HD | 250 SD
Price: $14.99/game
Full Details and Schedule

The VIVO IPL is a professional Twenty20 cricket league established by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) in 2007. The tournament features eight teams from across India with some of the most exciting and talented cricket players in the world! The 2018 season of the Indian Premier League, the VIVO IPL 11, begins its eleventh season on April 7th.

Impact: Redemption LIVE
Sunday, April9, 2018
LIVE: 8:00pm ET
Channel: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD)
Price: $44.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD)

On April 22nd, Impact World Champion Austin Aries defends his title against Alberto El Patron as Impact Wrestling presents Redemption live Sunday April 22nd at 8p ET/5p PT only on Sportsnet PPV!

Topic Stats