Galaxy S7 data connection deteriorates throughout the day

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Galaxy S7 data connection deteriorates throughout the day

@cgiguy and @Cindy604

What worked for me is to select only band 17 LTE. You don't get 4g so you need VoLTE enabled (say goodbye to 911 calls) but I havent had a single data drop in a couple months.

*#2263# from your phone app then go to band selection, LTE, LTE_17

It worked for me, but like others have said it doesn't fix your phone its just a clever workaround 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @corey170

While that is a work around, not having 911 calls working isn't something many want to take a risk on as during a emergency u can't call to 911 and u will be stuck wherever you are. So i would NOT suggest this method unless u do not care about ur safety or calls to 911 during a emergency.

The best solution is just sending in the phone to Samsung and they will repair it. They have sent out the phones fixed and without issues.
I Plan to Stick Around

Using the Rogers-EXT network resolves the issue, and you don't have to be without your phone.

Wouldn't it be nice if either Samsung, or Rogers, came forward and told us what the cause of the problem is?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @robertz

I would agree with that. Both companies should come out and say something but they have not sadly.
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi @cgiguy@Meowmix@robertz@corey170@gp-se

Thanks for your suggestions and notes.  I'm getting the run around and blame game from Samsung and Rogers.  

Rogers told me to disable LTE for now and test to see if there is an issue when the phone switches from LTE to 4G/3G.  I'll try your suggestions.  Thanks!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Cindy604

Honestly it should just work or have them fix it for u!

Hopefully all works out and everything starts working again. Let us know!Smiley Happy
I'm Here A Lot

I can't argue with the fact that a repair has worked for you, but it appears that many have gone down that path with limited success. I have been on Rogers-EXT since early January and I have not recieved one duplicate text, nor have I had to reboot my phone even once. The network access on the Rogers-EXT (Bellus roaming) is as close to flawless as you can get. I get LTE+ full speed inside the concrete bunker of a locker room at the Calgary Winsport arena. My friend on an iPhone 7 using Bell can hardly get a signal in the same senario. The phone has great reception when the network is compatible. It's Rogers fault... Samsung is selling this phone all over the world, at least 20+ million. Rogers/ Fido are the only networks with this problem. Samsung might be able to fix it with the right firmware, but they probably don't want to pay for the research to fix it for a network with ~1% of it's device sales... hence why Rogers should either spend the money to figure it out or stop selling this phone.

I have no problem staying with Rogers as long as I keep unrestricted access to Rogers-EXT, otherwise it'll be a waiting game until the end of this contract.

Trevor

I Plan to Stick Around

Got mine back from Samsung and they ended up flashing the firmware and replacing at least one part.

Now to see if it's fixed for reals or not. Repair took about 8 days.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Well, repair looks like it didn't fix a thing. Phone just dropped it's network connection not even 4 days after I picked it up from the Samsung store.

I'm going to take it back tomorrow to the store and demand a new phone, see how that goes. There's no way I'm going to wait another week for a second repair.

I've Been Here Awhile

Has the problem gone away yet? Is it fixed? Any advice?
I got a new SIM card, uninstall apps, followed every single steps Nothing been Solved!!
I absolutely agree with you "ReSmiley Tongueaying FULL Price Plan for Service and Getting Only PARTIALLY throughout the day"
I am going to file a complaint with CRTC because I am beyond frustrated with this issue.
What's New
2018 VIVO IPL 11
April 7th - May 27th, 2017
Full Package
Sportsnet PPV: 377 HD | 378 SD
Price: $29.99
Playoff Matches
Sportsnet PPV: 348 HD | 250 SD
Price: $14.99/game
Full Details and Schedule

The VIVO IPL is a professional Twenty20 cricket league established by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) in 2007. The tournament features eight teams from across India with some of the most exciting and talented cricket players in the world! The 2018 season of the Indian Premier League, the VIVO IPL 11, begins its eleventh season on April 7th.

WWE: Greatest Royal Rumble LIVE
Friday April 27, 2018
LIVE: 12:00 PM ET
PPV Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD)
Price: $54.99
WWE Network Channel: 512 | 398 (Atl)
Price: $12.99
Full Details

For the first time ever, the Royal Rumble match will feature 50 WWE Superstars! Live on Sportsnet pay-per-view or on the WWE Network, channel 512 (Ontario/Atlantic)

Topic Stats