Galaxy S7 data connection deteriorates throughout the day

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Galaxy S7 data connection deteriorates throughout the day

I think we should all raise a complaint with the CRTC. It can't hurt and maybe it will help resolve this issue finally.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Interesting. I've switched all my phone settings back to the original band (automatic), APN names, etc. and the phone has been working flawlessly for just over a week.

Hopefully this continues and it was just in fact a Rogers bug, but we shall see. I'm in the queue for a loaner phone and repair at the local Samsung shop so if my phone drops out between now and then I'll take it in for repair.

Not sure what everybody else's experience has been this last week.

I Plan to Stick Around

I talked to Samsung and they said to do a factory reset. Did it and the problem didn't go away.

Rogers support guy followed up and said he would do a network reset (whatever that is). It's been a day and a half and problem have occurred so I'll keep my fingers crossed.
I Plan to Stick Around

Going on 9 days now with no dropout. Fingers crossed.

I'm Here A Lot

Hi,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Blue Coral which I got it on 25Nov2016. Same issue with everyone are having here in this forum, LTE will drop to 4G and to no connection almost every day. Restart the phone or factory reset or network seem to fix the problem but it will come back in a day or two. Phone call and text message are unavailable randomly through out the day.

I have a Share Everything Plan and my other S7 (two phones) lines don't have this issue at all so I though it could be just the S7 edge but I think it is not the case since everyone are having this issue.

Please keep me posted if there is a permanent fix to this issue.

Thanks.

I Plan to Stick Around

@jamescu11ong

Is it possible for you to switch the sim cards in the two phones? I think we've narrowed this down to a device-related issue, with not all devices having the (hardware?) problem. It sounds like your S7 Edge Blue Coral is faulty but your other regular S7 is not. If you switch sim cards and still experience data drops on the Edge, then it would appear that the device is indeed at fault. 

Just FYI, I have a GS7 (NOT Edge) and I experience the data drop issue. I think it is a problem in both S7 and S7 Edge phones and you just have to get lucky when you get one off the shelf (or send it in for repair?).

Don't get me wrong, there is still also a problem with the Rogers network seeing as this doesn't happen on the Belus network. But I think its a combination of a faulty Galaxy S7 and Rogers that gives rise to the data drop issue, because only a small percentage of GS7/Rogers users experience it.

I Plan to Stick Around

It's a compatibility issue. The s7 is having trouble with the network. There are many things that are not working right, from the phone to the network. I have a bell sim in my rogers s7 edge and it works perfect. I put my rogers sim In my zte axon 7 and it's perfect.
I'm Here A Lot

Hi @corey170

Good idea on swapping the SIM cards between the phones.

Let me try it out for a few days and keep you posted for what I find out.

Thanks again.
I Plan to Stick Around

Had a nine day stretch with no issues then bam, two days in a row, complete drop.

Will continue to wait for a repair from Samsung (wait is just for a loaner phone while it's being fixed)
I Plan to Stick Around

Samsung has me so a factory reset.

Rogers did a network reset.

Seemed to resolve the problem for a couple days (LTE drop to 4G still worked), but today while out data stopped working.

Sometimes going into network settings and switching to HSPA only, and then back to auto, will enable data again, but not always.

Reboot is still the best fix.
What's New
2018 VIVO IPL 11
April 7th - May 27th, 2017
Full Package
Sportsnet PPV: 377 HD | 378 SD
Price: $29.99
Playoff Matches
Sportsnet PPV: 348 HD | 250 SD
Price: $14.99/game
Full Details and Schedule

The VIVO IPL is a professional Twenty20 cricket league established by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) in 2007. The tournament features eight teams from across India with some of the most exciting and talented cricket players in the world! The 2018 season of the Indian Premier League, the VIVO IPL 11, begins its eleventh season on April 7th.

WWE: Greatest Royal Rumble LIVE
Friday April 27, 2018
LIVE: 12:00 PM ET
PPV Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD)
Price: $54.99
WWE Network Channel: 512 | 398 (Atl)
Price: $12.99
Full Details

For the first time ever, the Royal Rumble match will feature 50 WWE Superstars! Live on Sportsnet pay-per-view or on the WWE Network, channel 512 (Ontario/Atlantic)

Topic Stats