cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S7 Edge Screen issue..

Redsfan83
I plan to stick around

Well I have the dreaded grey horizontal line problem come up today on my Edge and none to happy.  Have had the phone for less than a month and now have to be inconvenienced to travel to Mississauga to have them accuse me of stuff, etc.  Shocked that Rogers would not replace the phone for me and force me to service on my own..

Disappointeed...

***Edited Labels***

29 REPLIES 29

Re: Galaxy S7 Edge Screen issue..

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @betina78

No worries! Yeah Samsung Experience store usually does it for free under the warranty and explain the situation!

Avro76
I've been here awhile

Horizontal lines on Galaxy s7 Edge

Woke up this morning, went outside while looking at my phone. As I closed Chrome, my screen suddenly had 3 translucent horizontal lines running across it. When I turn up brightness, it masks the problem a little but the lines are still noticeable. Here's the weird thing; when I use Youtube, the lines disappear. They are there in every other app but not YT. Also, my phone is 13 months, 3 weeks old. So I'm pretty sure Samsung will tell me to take a hike. Any suggestions?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @Avro76

Have you tried to do a factory reset on the device and see if that fixes it? Or remove the apps that it happens on and reinstall them? That should fix the issue but it's not a guarantee but try. Back up everything with Google and Samsung smart switch on you're pc and back up. Then once the factory reset is done and everything is working, restore everything again!

Try that and see if it works! If not I'll see what else we can suggest. Since the phone is out of warranty, then yes Samsung may ask u to pay a fee for then to check it out.

Avro76
I've been here awhile
Yeah, did the factory reset this morning. From other things I've read, it seems to be a hardware issue. I reinstalled all the apps that I use regularly, still nothing. I wonder if I can make a case for them to do it since everything in my house is Samsung lol

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Avro76

You can try and speak to the Samsung Experience store reps and see what they can do on call in and see what a manager can do. Most likely you will have to pay to get it fixed since its past the 1 year warranty but you never know. Don't try to get upset or raise you're voice as they won't help you ether.

If they want you to pay and u have spoken to management, then just do it or check out a cellphone repair shop and see what they can do.

Try Samsung first and see!

Avro76
I've been here awhile
Yeah I feel better about going to Samsung directly. I feel like they would stand by their work. Plus, it's their product.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Avro76

I hope they can fix it! Again it may have a cost due to it being out of warranty but it's worth it! Let us know!

Avro76
I've been here awhile
Oddly enough, 2 weeks after I came to this forum, the screen fixed itself. No idea how.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Avro76

Hmm maybe something internally started working or a small update came in and fixed it. Glad it started working again!
Topic Stats
  • 29 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 8 in conversation