cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive SMS - Account Key from Yahoo Mail

joe_cub
I've been here awhile

Hi

I can not receive the Yahoo Mail account key on my Rogers line. I tried with 2 different lines (416... and 647...) and also on different phones (Samsung Galaxy S6 and Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo) but Yahoo sms does not arrive and therefore I can not access my Yahoo mail.

What can I do?

Thanks

Joel

*** Edited Labels ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Cannot receive SMS - Account Key from Yahoo Mail

BS
I'm a senior advisor

I had the exact same issue, but fortunately I had my gmail account set up as an email contact and I got it that way.

I tried a whole range of things, and never was able to get the SMS message on my phone.

Got me.

Bruce

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

gp-se
I'm an advisor

@joe_cub

@joe_cub wrote:

Hi

I can not receive the Yahoo Mail account key on my Rogers line. I tried with 2 different lines (416... and 647...) and also on different phones (Samsung Galaxy S6 and Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo) but Yahoo sms does not arrive and therefore I can not access my Yahoo mail.

What can I do?

Thanks

Joel

that is strange, have you tried sending it to a non-Rogers number to see if Rogers is blocking it? Perhaps a friend with a Bell or Telus line?

joe_cub
I've been here awhile

Thanks for your answer but I can't do that since the number associated with the Yahoo account is from Rogers and will not allow me to change it, unless I log in to the account. I can receive account key from Google without problems but not from Yahoo. Thanks for your attention

BS
I'm a senior advisor

I had the exact same issue, but fortunately I had my gmail account set up as an email contact and I got it that way.

I tried a whole range of things, and never was able to get the SMS message on my phone.

Got me.

Bruce

leprof31
I've been here awhile

I do have the same problem!

Hello, @leprof31

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. I can see the advantages of the Account Key as it can boost the email login security. Are you not able to receive the Yahoo Account Key on your Rogers' cell number? When was the last time did you received the Account Key?

The verification shortcodes can only be received on Rogers' cell number if the service is listed on Canadian Common Short Codes administered by Canadian Wireless Telecommunications Association (CWTA)

Additionally, you may find the instructions available on Yahoo Help useful to resolve the issue. 

All the best!

Cheers,

RogersMoin

leprof31
I've been here awhile

At the end, it worked. I got theSMS, but it took something like 10-15 minutes before I got them from Yahoo. I wrote «them» because I asked three time Yahoo to send me and SMS. I got the three almost in the same time. It is very long, but finally, as said, it worked.

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 in conversation