cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Setup Yahoo Email through Gmail App

Ryan0000
I've been here awhile

Gmail Roger Yahoo setup Oreo Pixel 2 Fail 

I cannot setup a Rogers Yahoo account through the Gmail App on my Android Oreo. As soon as I get to the Agree Screen and click the Agree button I get the following:

404. That’s an error.

The requested URL /?code=XXXXX was not found on this server. That’s all we know.

28 REPLIES 28

Re: Cannot Setup Yahoo Email through Gmail App

armchi
I've been here awhile

I just had the same issue. For some reason, I was not getting any automatic updates the the Gmail app in my Pixel XL. It would update if I manually sync'd. It was set to sync every 15 minutes. I deleted the account and when I tried to re-add it, I got the error. I tried my rogers.com account on a different phone using Outlook mail and that worked. I even loaded Outlook Mail in my Pixel XL and that also worked. But all my other email accounts are in the Gmail App. Not too fond of the Outlook app. After reading this post, I was able to fix the issue by doing the manual install using a spoofed ID as the initial ID and fixing it after. I think this is an issue between the Gmail App and Rogers.

Your fix suggestion does not work. I was on the phone with Rogers yesterday and they want me to restore my phone to factory settings all because the gmail app can't access a valid rogers email account. I find it very difficult to believe that I need to take such an extreme measure just to get email from this one account. This thread is two months old and there is still no fix for this.

PVC
I plan to stick around

Funny, I had to do a factory reset of my S8 the other day for a different issue, and now can't add my @rogers.com account to my gmail app anymore.  Worked fine until the reset.  Was searching why and stumbled upon this.

I can't beleive I have to use POP3 in this day and age.

Zak707
I've been here awhile

You do not have to use POP3, check my message from 4/26/2018 for a workaround. IMAP would work with that work around. It is annoying but at least you should get your email working on your phone again.

janewo
I've been around

My guess is that they want to make more money through yahoo email pro app, because the free app is bad. Works, but grrrrrrr..... all of the sudden nothing works. I am not happy with technology and the way it is going.

rjv555
I've been around

I have the exact same problem with my S9. I never had this problem with my S7, the last 2 years!!!

Just tried again in Gmail and glad to report that it is now working. Jusylt wanted to share with others that may have been suffering with the Yahoo full of ads app. So glad to get rid of that bad app.

Mark1269
I've been here awhile

Thank you for update. As soon as I saw this I tried and now Gmail is working with my email account. Thank goodness, yahoo mail app was so terrible.

Topic Stats