cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any news for Huawei P20?

wawa2010
I'm here a lot

It is said that the release date is Mar 27, does anyone know will Rogers will carry this new model of Huawei P family? I am currently using P10 plus, it is very good phone. 🙂

**Added Labels**

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Any news for Huawei P20?

RogersMaude

Good day @wawa2010,

Welcome to the Rogers Community!

We completely understand your interest for Huawei's newest device and I'm sure other users are wondering the same thing! 

Unfortunately, at this time, we do not have any information as to whether or not Rogers will carry the Huawei P20.

Keep an eye on our website! The information will most likely made public on Rogers.com as soon as it's available.

RogersMaude

I got excited as saw an article in Connected  regarding the P20 pro https://connected.rogers.com/gear-guide/posts/first-look-and-hands-on-with-the-huawei-p20-pro-200533...

It even says to check Rogers.com for more info. Unfortunately there is no more info yet. The only thing about the release said were to "expect a release later in the spring" and also "Note: The P20 Pro device colour shown in the video was a demo unit, and is not available in Canada.". The colour was the twilight colour so really hoping that means is not available in Canada....YET. 

Was on the Rogers site today and was a spot where you could sign up with an email address for updates on the p20 preorder status. Patiently waiting for an email now. Hopefully they get the Pro with the twilight colour.

found the page for signups....is: https://www.rogers.com/consumer/huawei-email-signup

I just saw it 2 min ago 🙂

Rumour has it that might be available in Canada as soon as May 17 according to Android Authority. Yet to be confirmed by Huawei or Rogers though.

Well, the pre-order page is up, and of all the glorious colours offered, including the twilight colour, Rogers is offering BLACK only. I would have settled for blue even if I couldn't get the twilight. But black? Anyone know if Rogers will expand the colour choice after the pre-order or where I can buy a twilight colour in Canada?

aliaz
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

The P20 looks amazing, from personal experience with new phones and colors coming out, All colors usually come available, sometimes just takes a a bit of time. I am waiting for the blue one Smiley Happy

pydoc11
I've been here awhile

Roughly how much time are talking? All the marketing involving the P20 Pro was with the stunning Twilight color and yet all we have to choose from is Black.

I've been doing alot of research on the colours and models and suspect that black is the only colour available to Canada (it is officially released to Canada now, pre-orders are done). Every provider is offering black only. Could be Huawei underestimated how unpopular Black will be compared to other colours so offloaded them to Canada, especially since knowing the US market is closed to them. The twilight colour is very hard to come by. We are not the only country to not get it. Do we know the model code for the Canadian version? Found the CLT-L29 that may work here but conflicting reports on LTE capabilities. The good news is that since Black is the only available colour, most providers offering great deals on them compared to what is being offered elsewhere around the world.

GibMcFragger
I'm a reliable contributor
The Canadian model is CLT-L04.

Oriveradel
I've been around
Huawei Canadá is refusing to unlock bootloader for advanced user, I am returning my Huawei P20 Pro; I hate the aptitude when they assume ALL user are average and do not understand how large the advanced user community is.

GibMcFragger
I'm a reliable contributor

I'm returning mine, because EMUI is buggy and the camera(s) are terrible. Well, the camera hardware is good, but the image quality after post processing is garbage. It's either totally over-sharpened to the point of looking fake and processed, or it's blotchy like a watercolour painting. I haven't been this disappointed in a phone in a long time, and I have owned A LOT of phones.

Topic Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 7 in conversation