Android

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Android 7 for galaxy s6 edge

[ Edited ]
I've Been Here Awhile

Android 7 for galaxy s6 edge

[ Edited ]

When is Rogers going to start pushing out Android 7 to the Galaxy s6 Edge? According to Mobile Syrup, Telus is pushing it out tomorrow...

*Edited Labels*

Re: Android 7 for galaxy s6 edge

Resident Expert

Hello @obscured

Unfortunately at this moment there is no word when Rogers will release the update. Please visit the OS Upgrade Schedule Thread and keep checking it to see more updates, if anything changes I'll post here too!

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/OSUpgrades/thread-id/1

I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers needs way more transparency when it comes to updates. We go through this with every version of Android .... people ask, Meowmix or one the other moderators give the same answer time and time again "watch the OS update page".

I'm sure it's been said before maybe even by me .... we want to KNOW what's in the works. We don't need dates set in stone. The software team can simply say "we are working on the Nougat update for the S6 and S6 Edge but do not have an ETA at this time". That would make many of us happy and save me the trouble of installing another carrier's firmware. I don't mind waiting .... it's the not knowing that's REALLY REALLY getting annoying.

It's bad enough we aren't getting the security patches.

Resident Expert

Hello @JoePoel

There isn't much for me to say other then that unfortunately. Even Telus pushed back their updates for this device just yesterday without any notice or a reason...

Unfortunately I can't say much other then what I can say and what I know. Anyways as for Rogers, i do agree they need more information to be given out as their customers did pay a hefty price for this device months or so ago. So they need more information but the only time they update or give more information, is when they get it from the back end office or development team.

I've Been Here Awhile

It'd be nice if you could ay least say that you will be releasing for sgs6. Right now it's not clear if you even will be releasing Android 7 for it.

Resident Expert

Hello @obscured

I don't work for Rogers. Any information they give out, I give out here. So unless they give me or I hear information I can't post that. I do believe they will be only time will tell when they announce it.

I Plan to Stick Around

Why do you respond if you do not work for Rogers and have no useful information to provide?

Is there not someone from Rogers that can step up and deal with questions from their customers? This isn't a question requiring knowledge of string theory to answer.

[ Edited ]
Resident Expert

[ Edited ]
Hello @rzanatta

They will post the exact same information as what I posted above. They would provide u the same message and or similar message.

Also seeing as this is a public forum, anyone has the ability to respond and help out others and bring their opinion or say onto a post. You might think it's not useful but some do. You won't get the answer you are looking for unless Rogers development team and back end office gives out the information to the staff. Then the staff will update the OS Upgrade Schedule Thread and the information will be available there. Very simple. I know plenty that are with all big 3 carriers and waiting for the update as well. Sadly my neighbour is as well.

If you want a Rogers rep to give u the same information I gave above, be my guest and message one of them on here or call Rogers and speak to them. Smiley Happy

Resident Expert

Hello @obscured

Seems like Telus removed the update all together from their site as well.

This does not look good at all. Seems like they removed it for a reason. MS will contact them. Maybe that is why Rogers did not post anything as if they did, users would believe its coming, then changing it and removing it would cause more problems.

[ Edited ]
I Plan to Stick Around

[ Edited ]
Hey @Meowmix .... I know you've been a long time Community Expert and I do appreciate the help you give to the community and anything I say is never directed at you personally. Mostly I'm venting but maybe a Roger's higher up might read something we post and act in a way to alleviate the concerns of their customers. Not likely .... but hey, it doesn't hurt to try.

That being said .... Nougat is rolling out to the S6 and S6 Edge in India. Really? India? Are our telecomm companies really that far behind?

https://www.androidheadlines.com/2017/04/galaxy-s6-s6-edge-are-now-receiving-nougat-update-in-india....
What's New!
WWE: Backlash LIVE
Sunday May 21, 2017
LIVE: 8:00 PM ET
PPV Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD)
Price: $54.99
WWE Network Channel: 512 | 398 (Atl)
Price: $12.99
Full Details

In the aftermath of WrestleMania, new feuds will arise while old rivalries will continue to wage on. Don't miss Dean Ambrose, Randy Orton, AJ Styles, Bray Wyatt, and all your favorite WWE Superstars. LIVE Sunday May 21st on Sportsnet PPV at 8pm ET. PPV event is $54.99 HD/SD or can be seen through the WWE Network on Rogers Cable which includes all PPV’s and thousands of hours of WWE Content for $12.99/mo. Call 1-888-ROGERS1 to order the WWE Network

2017 VIVO IPL 10
April 5th - May 21st, 2017
Full Details and Schedule

The VIVO IPL is a professional Twenty20 cricket league established by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) in 2007. The tournament features eight teams from across India with some of the most exciting and talented cricket players in the world!​ The 2017 season of the Indian Premier League, the VIVO IPL 10, begins its tenth season on April 5th.

Topic Stats
  • 24 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 7 in conversation