cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 7.0 Nougat Updates

HakimG
I've been around

Does anyone know when the Android 7.0 Nougat update will be available to phones like the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge?

163 REPLIES 163

Re: Android 7.0 Nougat Updates

AKinger
I've been here awhile

When will Android 7.0 rollout for Samsung GS7 and Edge phones? 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @AKinger

If you take a look at the " OS Upgrade Schedule"thread you will see its listed as " Coming Soon"

Unfortunately no date at this time. When it updates, I'll post back 🙂

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/OSUpgrades/thread-id/1

AKinger
I've been here awhile

@Meowmix Thanks! I found this before I posted, but the date on that link is May 6, 2016...If coming soon means a year, then the rollout is right on target! lol

Sarcasm aside, I would think there is some better info by this point...

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @AKinger

If you look above right beside the date, u will see when it was last updated :). Many don't pay attention to that sadly and only pay attention to the date the post was made.

Unfortunately there isn't much other then " Coming Soon". They don't release more information until close to the date. Mind you that any date posted can be changed without notice :).

AKinger
I've been here awhile

@Meowmix true enough, it literally says that right there...

Well, hopefully better information will be made available soon. The software is rolling out all over the world, and we seem to be on the trailing edge to receive it...

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @AKinger

Unfortunately no Canadian carrier has yet released it. Hopefully they do soon before the next Samsung Galaxy S device comes out :).

Scas
I plan to stick around
Looks like Rogers has released Nougat for MotoZ. Maybe we will see it soon for our S7s.
This is painful.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Scas

Indeed they did.):) We shall see. Hopefully they do!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys!

Just wanted to update the thread. Rogers updated their OS Update Schedule thread with the new information regarding the Samsung’s Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge. The date showing is March 20th, 2017.The Nougat update brings with it the ability to run two apps on the same screen, along with improved battery life and access to new emoji.

Please do remember that the date can change. I'll keep you posted if it does!

Is there any mention of the Note 5?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @imdonsmdso

Unfortunately the Note 5 doesn't show it will be updated right now. Keep looking at this thread or the OS Upgrade Schedule thread for more information When it comes in

Campanola
I've been here awhile

Is it normal that I have to wait after Rogers for my OS update? I bought my Galaxy S7 full price directly from Samsung store. When I insert the first SIM card, the phone locks to the provider of that SIM card, in my case with Rogers. But, Samsung gives you a code to unlock it after. So, that's what I did. I used a Bell SIM card to unlock it and then went back with the Rogers SIM card without having to unlocking it again. Seems like once it's unlocked, it stays unlocked. From what I read online, I should be able to get the update unless all canadian Galaxy phones have to wait. Anybody here have an explanation? Thanks.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Campanola

Any device bought from a manufacturer is factory unlocked and does not have the bloatware from any carrier. So the updates will come straight from the manufacturers without any late updates.

If you buy a device locked to a carrier, all bloatware is connected to the carrier it is locked too. The unlocking code only unlocks the device to be used on any other carrier. The bloatware and software will be updated from the carrier the sim card is with. Sometimes it stay with the manufacturer the device has been previously locked too but let's say u put Bell sim card and use them, the update will come from them. You won't get it from the manufacturer this way. You can root your device as long as the bootloader is unlocked and get updates that way But this does void the warranty.

ars88
I'm here a lot
So glad I have a Vodafone S6 Edge. I'm running Nougat as we speak, just installed it a few hours ago. If this was Rogers, I'd probably be waiting until the end of the year to get this update.

There's really no excuse for Rogers' late OS update release dates when carriers like Vodafone can release their OS updates really quick. The only thing Rogers being late proves is that the team that handles OS upgrades is incompetent.

FelipeVancim
I plan to stick around
I just upgrade my Galaxy S7 Edge to Nougat.
I changed the CSC to Freedom Mobile and got the update then I changed the CBC back to Rogers. Everything is working. WIFI calling and very fast speed on lte.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @FelipeVancin

Very nice! Rogers is going to release the update on March 20th. So u should update to that one instead 🙂

Campanola
I've been here awhile
Why waiting for the Rogers OS update? What is the benefit of this specific one over an other?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Campanola

You can update to whatever u want but do remember that updating software which is meant for another carrier may cause some network issues and issues with the Rogers branded apps like My Rogers and such. That's all. Also if u have a issue with ur branded device and sent it into repair, the repair center will refuse to fix it as the software is not the same as the Rogers one that was on it before.

Campanola
I've been here awhile

Ok, thanks Meowmix.

My CSC code is OYA. By looking online, I have found that it's maybe not specific to one provider, but to all the following canadian provider: BMC, BWA, FMC, KDO, MTA, PCM, RWC, SOL, SPC, TLS, VMC.

should I change my CSC to Rogers (RWC) then? What's the CSC for Freedom?

Thanks,

robertz
I plan to stick around
GLW is Wind.

poser
I've been here awhile

Hey, how did you change your CSC?

Did you use ODIN, or another method?

Do your CSC change method, completely erase all data?

My S7 is from WIND, unlocked and using on Rogers.

I got the Nougat(7.0) update last night, and you confirmed it was from Freedom(wind), since my CSC is still Wind.

Also with Wind CSC, I don't see WIFI calling in the options screen or VoLTE.

Can a Rogers store update my CSC...I don't have a Windows PC(for ODIN).

Thanks.