Account Support

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Question regarding new iPhone 7S/8 and the Rogers plans

[ Edited ]
I Plan to Stick Around

Question regarding new iPhone 7S/8 and the Rogers plans

[ Edited ]

I'm looking to upgrade to the new 7S or 8 and currently on a premium tab looking to go to the premium+ tab. Will these new phones be eligible on those tabs? I see the Note 8 is so can't see why the new iPhone wouldn't be. Thanks.

*Edited Labels*

Re: Question regarding new iPhone 7S/8 and the Rogers plans

[ Edited ]
Resident Expert

[ Edited ]
Hello @gcooldude

At this moment those phones have not been announced by Apple. Once they do, Rogers will update their website with pricing and when its available and which plans it will be with pricing.. All phones are on a all the plans Rogers has including the Premium +Plans. So yes it will on that plan with different pricing as always.

As always please wait until the manufacturer announces the phone for any information regarding pricing, availability and more! Smiley Happy

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm currently on a premium tab and want to switch right now to a prem+ tab. If I switch now should I be okay and would my price increase even though I'm already on a tab?

Resident Expert

Hello @gcooldude

Yes if you switch now you will be fine when the device gets released.

The plan price will increase as u are going on their higher plans but the device cost will be less depending on what Apple prices the phone at.

I Plan to Stick Around

I just wanted to make sure cause I want to have my plan ready when the pre-orders go live. The guy I talked to on chat was arguing making it out that the plans for the Iphone 8 will be different and the premium tab and prem plus tab now may not be eligible. I couldn't see that being true as the Note 8 is eligible on those tabs.

Resident Expert

Hello @gcooldude

That may be true. Thus why i said to wait until the device are announced by Apple and Rogers update their Website. At times Rogers has had special plans for the iPhones but that was years ago and not recent. Last year they has the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus on the Premium + Plans for less then the regular plans. The Note 8 isn't a iPhone or Apple device. Apple controls all pricing, promotions and advertising for the devices. So they can tell carriers what plans and what pricing to add.

Again it's best to wait and see what pricing the offer and what plans they offer. At this moment no one knows the pricing and what promotions they may offer.

I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry for so many questions. I understand what your saying. When I go to pre-order the phone can I change plans afterwards? Just makes it hard to pre-order and what to expect for eligible plans.

Resident Expert

Hello @gcooldude

Yes when you pre order the device, you can change your plan at any time before or after. It won't affect anything other then the pricing of the plan and the pricing of the device.

If you change the plan now, you will pay more for the plan but less for the device. When u do the reservation system and have it shipped to a store of ur choice, the store can change the plan for u when u pick up the device.

If you do a pre order to have the device shipped to your home, you will have the option to change the plan online ur self and vise versa.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for your answer. I get a discount with my phone plan and just wanted to make sure I would be ready for pre-orders. But if I can still change to the prem+ tab before I get it that's good to know.  In your opinion, is the prem+ tab worth it? It seems appealing cause of the lower device cost but more per month.

Resident Expert

Hello @gcooldude

It is worth it as even though you pay more for the plan, you pay less for the device upfront. Remember they always have specials when new devices get launched as well.

Topic Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation