Account Support

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Purchasing a Nextbox

[ Edited ]
I'm Here A Lot

Purchasing a Nextbox

[ Edited ]

Hello there, I used to buy my cable boxes at future shop. Now I can't find where to buy them. All others

stores sell only from another cable companies but Rogers.

Help please.

Thank you

***Edited Labels***

Re: Purchasing a Nextbox

Resident Expert

Hello @Mauricio

When Future shop left, Rogers pulled their products from the stores including Best Buy. When I worked for them until a couple months ago, there was word Rogers would start bringing it back but haven't. I believe u can only get them through Rogers stores only and Kijiji from someone else who is selling them ( the owners of the bought boxes.). Also i do believe 2001 audio and video including Bay Bloor radio may still have some for sale.

I'm Here A Lot

Thank you for your input, I didn't know about that information.

Best regards,

I'm an Advisor

Yes, 2001 audio still has them and has them in stock in many GTA stores.

There is also the issue that Cisco is completely out of the TV set top box business. And so if you are buying a nextbox 3 digital terminal or PVR, you are either getting old stock, or refurbished.

Don't know about the Nextbox 4K who produces it, and whether new product is in the distribution line.

2001 audio sells the Rogers branded 4K boxes only.  They don't say whether they are new. I suspect if anyone wants earlier boxes, it will be through the refurbished and Kijiji markets.

Bruce

Resident Expert

Hello @BS

Technicolour makes the 4K box which includes the 4K PVR box. They have taken over the Cisco set up boxes and manufacturer them instead. They bought that division from Cisco a while back I believe.

So all 4K terminals including the PVR model is locked to Rogers unless they are bought directly from Technicolour which i doubt that can happen.

Resident Expert

Hello @Mauricio

You are welcome! Try the advice my self and BS have given and see!

I'm an Advisor

@Meowmix  Thanks for updating me - I have never had my hands on a Technicolor 4K box, so was curious as to whose manufacturer was on the box.

I have known that Cisco was out of the business since way back 2 years ago, when I and others started researching the Nextbox mess and learned that Cisco had pulled from the business and sold it all to Technicolor, while Rogers went down Espial for the guide, and that proved to be a total mess.  So now I guess we have Technicolor, and soon to be Comcast.

I was just wondering what direction production of the 4K box had gone.

Cisco is now back where they really do belong after their purchase of Scientific Atlanta - back to networking, switching, high end routers, the foundation of what makes the Internet work - like the ad goes - the Internet runs on Cisco - it really does and that is where their strength lies. Glad to see that they are now fully out of it.  Wonder if it was Cisco or Technicolor staff who saved the Nextbox 3 and 2 mess, not that it matters.

Again, thanks.

Bruce

What's New!
WWE: No Mercy LIVE
Sunday September 24, 2017
LIVE: 8:00 PM ET
PPV Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD)
Price: $54.99
WWE Network Channel: 512 | 398 (Atl)
Price: $12.99
Full Details

Raw Superstars leave it all in the ring in the name of revenge! Don't miss Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, Samoa Joe, Alexa Bliss and all your favorite WWE Superstars! Live on Sportsnet pay-per-view or on the WWE Network, channel 512 (Ontario)/398 (Atlantic).

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation