New TV packages and Better Choice Bundles Discount

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: New TV packages and Better Choice Bundles Discount

I pulled up the terms for BCB (better choice bundles), and boy it is a tough one to follow.

Have a read through this communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Rogers-Community-Forums/ct-p/EnglishCommunity?profile.language=en

It is not an easy one to follow as to what is qualifying services, dates, etc.

No wonder we are confused - this could stand to be rewritten to make it clearer, with maybe some examples.

Bruce

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks  BS for the link to the BCB. It's no wonder why I get different answers each time I inquire on it as it's so confusing. 

I Plan to Stick Around

someone posted on facebook rogers sent them an email that the bcb discount is being removed end of february is this true ? and for all customers?
I'm a Senior Advisor

Definitely interested in hearing the answer to this question "Is BCB being cancelled and if so for whom?"

It is one of the few things that keeps me with your company services and maintaining my bundle of services with the company.

Looking forward to the answer.

Bruce

I Plan to Stick Around

they replied to the post stating it was for corporate customers not on a contract so thankfully they have left it alone so far for residential and hope they continue to do so
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @BS

" As of February 28, 2018, we are discontinuing the Better Choice Bundle discount for IDV customer’s no longer on a contract. At that time, it will be removed from all of the services it was being applied to. While the Better Choice Bundle discount is being discontinued, we’re not raising rates. You'll still continue to get your Corporate Employee Discount off your monthly service fee.
I’d be happy to take a look at your account and make sure that you are on the best plan or offer that suits your needs. Send me a private message to get started. ~M"
I've Been Around

I too got an email informing of my BCB being cancelled. I am a residential customer for all services except cellular which is a Public Sector plan. So I guess I’m losing on the cellular only? Here is my notice:

Dear Valued Customer,

We’re writing to let you know that, effective February 28, 2018, we will be discontinuing the Better Choice Bundles discount. As of that date, the discount will no longer be available on your Rogers services and will be removed from your account. All other aspects of your Rogers services will remain the same.

We have plenty of great new plan offers for you to choose from. If you wish to respond to this notice or have any questions, concerns or wish to modify, cancel or enhance your Rogers services or would like to discuss the other plan options available to you, please call our Care team at
1-888-ROGERS1 (1-888-764-3771) and enter your wireless phone number to be able to reach the correct client service team or department. This change is made in accordance with the CRTC Wireless Code. We appreciate your business and look forward to helping you stay connected to what matters most.

Sincerely,

Rogers Communications

Pretty lousy since I had to re-negotiate my home services in November as rates were going up and they told me if I cancelled any services I would lose my BCB so I didn’t cancel any but now I will have to revisit since they are yanking it anyway. Nice treatment for a 25+ year customer!
I Plan to Stick Around

It looks like customers on a corporate or workplace plan/discount are having their BCB discount removed as of February 28. I’m a residential customer and I didn’t get any email. I contacted Rogers and they mentioned I won’t be losing the BCB discount as I’m not on a corporate or workplace plan.

If you are on a special term offer or promotion on the residential side (cable, internet, home phone), the BCB discount won’t be applied on those services as the discount on the term offer is more lucrative. However, it applies to each individual wireless line, except for the 10 GB promotional non-shareable plans for $60 (no tab), $85 (premium tab) and $110 (premium+ tab).
I've Been Around

I have a corporate (government) plan for my cell phone and recently received the text informing me that Rogers would be discontinuing the Better Choice Bundles discount at the end of February.  I called a Rogers corporate rep and they indicated that the BCB discount will NOT be cancelled for those on regular corporate plans, but those with the 30% discount on in-market plans WILL be cancelled.  I think this would leave some customers very unhappy.  However, in a couple of days I received another text, "Rogers Service Message: Correction Notification. You might have seen a message from us telling you about the discontinuation of the Better Choice Bundles discount. We sent it to you accidentally and apologize for any confusion it caused. There are upcoming changes to this discount that we will be letting you know about at a future date - at this time, your discount is not changing. If you have any questions, please contact us at 1-888-764-3771. Thanks again for choosing Rogers." 

So it is far from clear to me what is really going to happen.  

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

According to a few reps I have spoken to, the BCB discount on the wireless side is going to be phased out sometime in the spring (April?) and replaced by a dollar amount discount. The amount will be determined by the number of services you have with Rogers. I think it's kind of similar to the "ongoing bundle discount" on the new TV packages. If you have all 3 residential services (TV, internet and home phone), you can get an ongoing bundle discount for residential services as follows:

Premier TV package: $25

Popular TV package: $20

Select TV package: $10

Details have not yet been finalized yet, but it'll be interesting to see if the new discount will be better than the current BCB discount.

What's New
2018 VIVO IPL 11
April 7th - May 27th, 2017
Full Package
Sportsnet PPV: 377 HD | 378 SD
Price: $29.99
Playoff Matches
Sportsnet PPV: 348 HD | 250 SD
Price: $14.99/game
Full Details and Schedule

The VIVO IPL is a professional Twenty20 cricket league established by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) in 2007. The tournament features eight teams from across India with some of the most exciting and talented cricket players in the world! The 2018 season of the Indian Premier League, the VIVO IPL 11, begins its eleventh season on April 7th.

Topic Stats
  • 34 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 10 in conversation