New TV packages and Better Choice Bundles Discount

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

New TV packages and Better Choice Bundles Discount

Hello. This is my first post. I’m a long time Rogers customer and I recently changed my TV package from the Digital VIP to one of the new packages. After I made that change, my Better Choice Bundles (BCB) discount dropped from 12 to 8%. I have all four services (cable, internet, home phone and wireless). Is it correct that the new TV packages don’t count towards the BCB? I have been told that any BCB discount is suppressed when there’s a promotion on the TV and/or internet side, but it continues to apply to all active wireless lines.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks!

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: New TV packages and Better Choice Bundles Discount

Hello @Toronto4

As i am aware of any Better Bundle Discount you get would be cancelled if you accept any new offers or new plans from Rogers. In order for it to stay only retention or a manager can override this. However let it be known that some cases they can't and have to be offered a new discount. It won't be the same however it may be similar.

I'm Here A Lot

Thanks @Meowmix for the reply. When I contact Rogers, I get a different answer each time. But most have mentioned that the BCB is applicable only to the wireless side if there’s a term offer promotion on the cable and/or internet side. Discounts cannot be stacked (BCB + term discount) on cable and internet but I can still get BCB discount on the wireless.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hello @Toronto4

I would speak to a manager and see what they can do. That is correct though from what i know. Only the wireless can get it but also depends on which plan the wireless line is on.

Best thing to do is speak to a manager and get them to resolve this.

I'm Here A Lot

@Meowmix, is the management live chat feature the best option of talking to a manager?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hello @Toronto4

Indeed it is since you can always keep a transaction of the conversation when asked to send u to ur email at the end of the conversation.

I'm Here A Lot

Thanks @Meowmix and hopefully I can get a final resolution to this matter.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hello @Toronto4

I hope so! Let us know Smiley Happy.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I my recent experience of clarifying this question, I learned the following.

BCB on TV/Internet/Home Phone/Wireless was reduced at the end of July, 2016.  I have no recollection of this change, and when making the changes to my plan was not informed of such.

It was reduced from 12% to 8%, still applied to my cell phones ((a few dollars per month reduction of about 4.00 per month 36.00 per year due to the 4% reduction, plus taxes).

It has never applied to home phone charges, and does not duplicate bundled plan prices of TV and Internet, but it does cover additional services on TV such as add on TV themes, channels, HBO, etc, extra terminals and so forth.

When I made the change, like I said, I was never told and had to call to find the details, although I could not verify ever hearing of the change, they had documentation on the notice and timing and ways they sent it out, but I had no knowledge of it.  I couldn't be bothered to push on it, I had other more major errors that had to be dealt with and there is a point where I call it a day.  I could have legitimately requested that they verify the documentation and 60 days notice of the change, and advise on all changes when I made the plan changes, but decided I had negoitated a good deal on other things, I let it go.

It is something that is required by CRTC that all these changes must be provided, but to decline when I got the verification work order would mean I would go back to my old plan as it was not changed yet, and I would still have to negotiate and I was tired.

If you want to, you can escalate the discussion and absence  of advise to you of this change up front.  They may provide some credit for miscommunication.

Good luck.

Bruce

I'm Here A Lot

Thanks Bruce @BS for the detailed reply. I first noticed the change in my BCB a few weeks later when I called in to make a change to my internet package. I asked the rep if I still had the 12% BCB and he said it’s now 8%. I went back and forth trying to get the 12% but to no avail. At the suggestion of @Meowmix, I chatted with the management team and they informed me they no longer offer the 12% BCB. The max is 8%. And I was told that the cable TV side doesn’t count in the BCB calculation. And I think I know why that’s the case. On my TV term offer promo, there are two separate discounts. One is a certain dollar amount off the package price ($10 to 25, depending on the package) and the other is an ongoing bundle discount ($10-$25) which I think is good even after the term promotion ends.

In the end, I accepted the 8% BCB on my wireless lines and will continue to have it as long I don’t accept another discount or make drastic changes (eg. cancelling a service). I also got a credit for the trouble I went through of not being informed about the BCB when I moved from the old Digital VIP to the new package.
What's New
WWE: Survivor Series LIVE
Sunday November 19, 2017
LIVE: 8:00 PM ET
PPV Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD)
Price: $54.99
WWE Network Channel: 512 | 398 (Atl)
Price: $12.99
Full Details

WWE Superstars will compete under one roof with one mission in mind, survival! Don’t miss Roman Reigns, AJ Styles, Kevin Owens, Alexa Bliss, Charlotte and all your favorites collide. Live on Sportsnet pay-per-view or on the WWE Network, channel 512 (Ontario)/398 (Atlantic).

Topic Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation