International Dialing Sequence (Calls/Texts)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

International Dialing Sequence (Calls/Texts)

I am a Rogers customer. I have a Galaxy S4 with a Rogers Share Everything Plan with Value pack which I understand includes Unlimited international text, picture & video messages.

I have been having difficulty in trying to text someone in Perth Australia. I have their area code "048" and their 7 digit cell#. They are a resident of Australia.

I know that Australia's Country code # is 61.

So I tried texting with +61048####### . I received no error reply but they have received nothing.

I searched and googled the "how to" and tried with no avail.

In what I found, they said to contact my provider because sometimes cell services are different internationally.

I just need to know what I am to plug into my phone to send a text to a cell in Perth Australia....

Thank you,

Melanie

*Edited Labels*

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: International Dialing Sequence (Calls/Texts)

Hello, @nsblue

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

I appreciate posting your query in the Community. It can surely be a little confusing to get the correct dialling sequence of any International destination. 

In Australia, the mobile phone numbers begin with 04 (0-national trunk access code, 4-mobile indicator). So the correct dialling sequence from Canada would be +61 8 xxxx yyyy;

• +61 > International prefix plus Australian code
  •      8 > Local area/city code to reach Perth
  • xxxx yyyy > Eight digit mobile number

Keep us posted of the outcome. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: International Dialing Sequence (Calls/Texts)

RogersMoin,

Everything is good to go !!

Thanks so much for your help,

Melanie

What's New
WWE: Summerslam LIVE
Sunday August 19, 2018
LIVE: 8:00 PM ET
PPV Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD)
Price: $54.99
WWE Network Channel: 512 | 398 (Atl)
Price: $12.99
Full Details

Get ready for the biggest party of the summer. Don't miss Brock Lesnar, AJ Styles, Ronda Rousey, Roman Reigns, Alexa Bliss and all your favorite Raw and SmackDown Superstars at the hottest event of the summer. Live on Sportsnet pay-per-view or on the WWE Network, channel 512 (Onatio/Atlantic)

Ask an Expert: Ignite TV

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 in conversation