cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite internet account was accidentally canceled by a rep. No internet still for 39 hours now

ivchu298
I've been here awhile

I’m at my wits end and patience with what occurred. 39 hours later since my internet service stopped, 529 mins later bounced between customer care, ignite loyalty, business department, and tech support, I still don’t have my ignite internet service back. I need to vent and get some visibility on this catastrophic mess that has occurred. I don’t know who else from this company can help me.

I’ll try to summarize this complex situation.
1) Canceled account (account A) from January in old residential address, recently last week received a bill for unreturned equipment. Equipment was already returned in January with a CanadaPost tracking as confirmation
2) Called in March 18. Someone create a backend case# to review the return tracking number. F-up occurred here. Someone at Rogers ended up also canceling my current active ignite account (Account B) at my current residential address around March 18 4pm est.
3) Next 2 days, I’ve been bounced around through numerous departments, and nobody has an idea or is competent enough to know what to do. They keep saying they see Account A and B cancelled, but do not have any actionable steps to re-enable service on Account B. A tech support rep tried to help by what I was told, requesting for a re-activation which seemed unsuccessful. In the process, a new modem was shipped to me on March 19, and I also received a new service agreement for a new account (Account C). However later in the day yesterday, another rep indicated they see all 3 accounts cancelled, but didn’t know what to do.
4) We are now 2 days without home internet, with no resolution insight and countless hours wasted. The feeling I’m getting from all departments is to f-off and to use another service provider since no one can do anything about our situation. I will probably need to do that if no one on any levels is able to re-activate my ignite internet service.
5) From recommendations online, I also have submitted a complaint to CCTS and shared a concern to hopefully office of president. I have reached out to media and media accounts, and a rep from the Rogers media account indicated management will be notified late last night. With the exception for the Moncton tech support rep from March 18, everyone else needs to get retrained in empathy 101 training or get rehired. The level of incompetency is astounding.

*Added Labels*

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Ignite internet account was accidentally canceled by a rep. No internet still for 39 hours now

ivchu298
I've been here awhile
I’m still without any answers or resolutions. Someone from office of the president contacted me this morning indicating they will try to get my service back up asap.

51 hours after service impacted, still nothing and no updates since the morning. Pathetic joke of a service provider

Re: Ignite internet account was accidentally canceled by a rep. No internet still for 39 hours now

Good Day @ivchu298 👋

Thank you for bringing this to our much needed attention.  We are saddened to hear what transpired. I know firsthand how imperative it is to ensure you stay connected. This is most certainly not the type of occurance we want you to be having. I can assure you that ensuring you have a positive experience and providing the service you have requested is very much at the forefront of what we strive for. We appreciate the feedback.

We'd hate to see you go. I am elated to hear that you have since connected with our Office of The President's office. Has the issue been resolved since?

Looking forward to hearing from you,

RogersJo 

ivchu298
I've been here awhile
Hello RogersJo,

It took a Wednesday and Thursday, but the office of the president rep worked with me once again on Thursday, and by evening I had my internet account / services resumed. He continued to follow up with me today to ensure the resumed account matches with details prior to the issue.

I will say, he was empathetic, and assertive when deep diving the issue. He was the most helpful through out this whole week. I’m just glad the issue is now resolved after needing to escalate to the OP.

Ajoseph22
I've been around

Currently going through the same, same timeline, same steps

ivchu298
I've been here awhile
@ Ajoseph22

Sorry to hear that. I get that feeling of going in circles with no end. My first 2 days were like that with phone customer service.

If none of their regular channels can help, one of submitting feedback to the office of the president, or filing a complaint to CCTC may get you someone who actually has the authority to make a difference.

Their twitter handlers were very responsible, and offered to escalate to managers. That to me, was a better experience than waiting on phone to be transferred through departments hoping for someone to assist.

Good luck with your resolution!
Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 in conversation