Got a text that my data had been turned off

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Got a text that my data had been turned off

how di i log into the forums? I have never had to do it this way before so im confused if im logged in now...

@shannonmarsh

The Sign In section is located at the top right hand corner of the page. You are already logged into the Forums if you’re able to post.

@RogersPrasana

I've Been Around

I also deleted the text before accepting. Could I get a copy of the link?

Good day @travisss,

Welcome to the Forums!

If you still had a copy of the text message you would be able to remove the block by clicking on the link. Since you have deleted the text message you will need to speak with Customer Service to have the block manually removed.

I access @CommunityHelps and reach out to you via private message to help out with this.

Please let me know if you require further assistance.

RogersMaude

I've Been Here Awhile

Is there any way to block my data when I reach 99% of my usage. I do not want to pay overages. If there is a way rogers could do this people would move to rogers faster.

Retired Moderator RogersSannecia
Retired Moderator

Good Morning @Sue123sm

Welcome to the Forums!

Currently, customers with a Share Everything plan will receive 90% and 100% data alert message. You’ll get the initial notification when you reach $50 in Domestic Data overage charges. Your data service will be on hold until you agree to pay additional usage charges during the remainder of your billing period.

Please let me know if you require further assistance

RogersSannecia

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Sue123sm wrote:

Is there any way to block my data when I reach 99% of my usage. I do not want to pay overages. If there is a way rogers could do this people would move to rogers faster.

I don't doubt it's not only possible, but easy to implement. But you do realize that generates no revenue, whereas data overages generate lots. And, of course, if someone's data gets shut off when they're trying to pay a bill on line, they'll be pretty mad.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

No I want data to stop at 90%. Not have to worse about overages.
Retired Moderator RogersGabrielle
Retired Moderator

Good afternoon @Sue123sm

Although we do not have the option to turn your data off when it reaches 99%, we do offer several options for monitoring your data usage. As @RogersSannecia mentioned, you will receive notifications at 90% and 100% if you are on a Share Everything Plan. You can also view your usage anytime by logging into your MyRogers profile or app to keep you up to date.

Hope this helps and let us know if you have any other concerns. 

@RogersGabrielle

I've Been Around

My data has been blocked due to over limit on data. I got a text and deletes it. Can i get a new message to set the link a d get data up and running?
What's New
Topic Stats