Got a text that my data had been turned off

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Got a text that my data had been turned off

I got a text from Rogers this morning that I had gone 2gb over my data and that my data was being turned off to ensure I didn't go over it anymore. I usually don't go over my data but I had a family emergency and was away and staying somewhere with no wifi so ended up going way over. I don't really care about being charged more this month I just want my data turned back on. Is there anyway I can do this without calling? I didn't have the time today to call and probably won't tomorrow either.

***Edited Labels*** 

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: Got a text that my data had been turned off

Hi @bee1992

Welcome to the Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the data block on your device.

What does the text message say?

The message you received should have an opt in link for you to turn your data back on.

If you didn’t receive the link, let us know and we canfurther assist!

@RogersPrasana

I've Been Around

Hey,

I got dinged with $50 in data and had it suspended, my own fault. I called and Rogers changed my plan to give more data and they said it would start right away. However, I still have no service for data without wifi. I think I have to accept further charges like the original overage text said but I deleted the text with the link.

Any idea how I can get it back going without the text?
Thanks

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Welcome to the Community @Dingy3000

Correct, if you still had a copy of the text message you would be able to remove the block by clicking on the link. Since you have deleted the text message you will need to speak with Customer Service to have the block manually removed.

I can have a member of the @CommunityHelps team reach out to you via private message to help out with this. Please let us know if you require further assistance.

RogersAsif

I've Been Around

This has happened to me as well and I have accidentally deleted the text after not reading it. I also havent set up my account on my profile yet because I am away any chance you get resend my message 

Deanne Calverley

Retired Moderator RogersAliciaG
Retired Moderator

@dylancalverley

Welcome to the community! 

You mentioned that you no longer have the text message that would provide you the link to "Accept" the data over usage. 

That's no problem we can get you back up and browsing in no time. 

I am going to have a member from our @CommunityHelps team reach out to you via PM. 

Thanks,

RogersAliciaG

I've Been Around

My data has been turned off as well and I deleted the text message. Can someone help me turn it back on?

Thanks

Good day @Caitlinmeredith

I’d like to help in getting your issue resolved.

Since addressing the issue you’ve described involves accessing your account, I’m going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps.

When you receive it please check your messages via the envelope icon, which appears on the top right corner of your screen, when you are logged into the forums.

RogersMaude

I've Been Here Awhile

I receieved a Text with the same message and accidently deleted the text, and now I can't restore the data because I can't find the link.....can I please get a new link ASAP. I literally can't use my phone for work without Data

Hi @shannonmarsh

We can definitely help with getting your data back on.

I’m going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps. Please check our message via the envelope icon that appears on the top right-hand side of your screen when you are logged in to the forums.

@RogersPrasana

What's New
Topic Stats