First foray into 4K with Rogers

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

First foray into 4K with Rogers

Bought a new 4k tv on April 25th , or so.  We already had a 4k box from a previous install that was connected to a 1080p tv. Model # was a cav10455HD box.

Channel 999 on the rogers box gives a 4k signal to the new 4k tv (aka the blue light is on)

So we want the 4k tsn/sportsnet channels (free for a year according to the website)

Called the 888 number to try to get these channels.  Lady said we didnt have the right box, and we had to go to a rogers store to exchange for one.  We were a little confused, as a 4k channel already works, but she was adamant.

About a week later, take in the 4k box to a Rogers store.  Guy there says we did in fact have the right box and a switch wasnt necessary, but we did switch anyways.

Get home from the store, check email, get the email notifications from Rogers, and notice that suddenly out bill has jumped 24.99 (or close enough).  HUH?

So first call back to Rogers support, first lady claimed our package changed? and everyones prices have gone up?  24.99 for everyone??  She didnt sound too confident, asked to speak to a supervisor, and at first she didnt want to, but eventually "did".  Waited 20 minutes on hold, didnt get to speak to a supervisor, as I hung up.

Called 888 number again, got someone different, and he explained that a 4k box costs $24.99 a month rental.  Even though weve had one all this time that has been included in our bill.  This phone call was approximately an hour long, but including previous call, on the phone for about 90 minutes.

After all this, we have decided not to get the 4k package (25$ a month for 2 channels? HUH?), and until we take this current 4k box back we are getting charged the rental fee.  (and when we take it back, what model of box are we going to get back? if any????)

Thanks for listening, just needed to vent. :-)

** Edited Labels **

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: First foray into 4K with Rogers

Hello @wp519

Hmm seems like unfortunate events are happening here. First the female rep was giving false information and seems like she wanted to upsell u on the 4K PVR box I believe.

Its not $25 for the 4K package. I think what u are seeing is the $12.99 cost for the rental ( 4K box) and $10 for the 4K package which should be free for 1 year as per the promotion unless they removed it.

The only other thing is that I am paying $24.99 for the 4K PVR box which could be what they charged u for instead? Maybe that's what's going on.

What i would do is have them write everything down and save it on a Interaction ID number they give u for the phone call. That's what I always do.

I Plan to Stick Around

I think the "answer" has been found.

Even though we had a 4k pvr box here, it was on our account as a normal hd box.  So if we want 4k channels, we have to "add" a 4k hd pvr (which is the $25/month, which I still think is very very expensive, and from our point of view this $25 fee is only giving us new the SN and TSN 4k channels... quite expensive for 2 channels that show maybe 10 hours of content a week.).

Even looking at the email receipt of what the guy did at the Rogers store, he removed a normal HD box from our account (even though it was our old 4k box), and added the new scanned in  4k box and at the same time that added the $25 fee.

Also makes sense why the original "trying to add channels" CS rep couldnt add the channels, from her end, it looked like we didnt have a 4k box.

Sigh, if that even makes sense. LOL.

Wish we would have knew this before.  Just assumed that because we had a working 4k box then all we had to do was call in and get the free channels added, alas, it wasnt that easy. Smiley Sad

I Plan to Stick Around

Well, we decided to try the 4k channels for a month (even though $25/month for a box is a joke), so this started another adventure with Rogers support.

But since we are grandfathered on our VIP program, our VIP Program cant add 4k channels (even the free ones??????) without changing the package and seeing an increase in the bill.

I mean seriously?

This is beyond a joke, and all of this after a 30 minute call which included most of it being on hold.

So to summarize, to get the "free" 4k channels, we would have to get a $25/month box, and then upgrade our package (which the guy didnt even say how much it would cost), and probably screw everything else up,  sigh.

4k box is going back, and the tv is probably going back.  So much for all of that.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

wp519 wrote:

So to summarize, to get the "free" 4k channels, we would have to get a $25/month box, and then upgrade our package (which the guy didnt even say how much it would cost), and probably screw everything else up,  sigh.

The upgrade to a new package is actually a downgrade because you get fewer channels for more money. It really is pathetic.

I Plan to Stick Around

4k Channel prices

Hello,

Are all 4k channels included for the $10 monthly fee? A live agent told me it will cost $38 a month for the sports and movie channel.

Hello @Square,

That's a good question! The 4K Premium Access pack allows customers who subscribe to Starter, Select, Popular or Premier to access 4K content included in their package or theme packs.

Do you have any Sports or Movies add-ons with your TV package?

RogersZia

I Plan to Stick Around

I have the VIP TV package.

@Square,

What Sports and Movies channels were you inquiring about? Here's a few available options with 4K. 

RogersZia

I Plan to Stick Around

The agent told me it would cost $25 for the sports 4k channels, and $8 for the movie 4k channel.  The link you gave me shows 4k channels for $10?  Which is it?  

Thank you.

What's New
WWE: Summerslam LIVE
Sunday August 19, 2018
LIVE: 8:00 PM ET
PPV Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD)
Price: $54.99
WWE Network Channel: 512 | 398 (Atl)
Price: $12.99
Full Details

Get ready for the biggest party of the summer. Don't miss Brock Lesnar, AJ Styles, Ronda Rousey, Roman Reigns, Alexa Bliss and all your favorite Raw and SmackDown Superstars at the hottest event of the summer. Live on Sportsnet pay-per-view or on the WWE Network, channel 512 (Onatio/Atlantic)

Ask an Expert: Ignite TV

Topic Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 10 in conversation