Customer Service Issue

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Customer Service Issue

Rogers service rep lied and said internet + basic cable package will be $71, but neglected to inform that it was a promotional price for 3 months, and then price would double to $160. 

Use lies to sell me a package on a term agreement.

Extremely unhappy with rogers using lies and fraud to sell their services.

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Customer Service Issue

The website is pretty clear that, with the new IGNITE bundles, that there is a 3-month promotional price.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

While it is specified on the Website that there is a 3-month promotional price, not everyone uses the Website. Some people such as the OP, may choose to make a telelphone inquiry first or even visit a Rogers store to sign up for a new package. If, in signing up for a new package, all relevant details are not disclosed to the customer by the agent, this is inexcusable!

I've Been Here Awhile

@Lurker I'm pretty clear that the CSR misled and misrepresented the package being sold. Do you understand? 

I gotta go the CSR's job by checking all the service packages and discounts? Then why do they hire these guys? 

Fire them all and just have a web form where you select service level and click a randomizer button to get a "discount". 

You've added nothing to this discussion, go away. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I 100% agree that many reps need to be better trained and to disclose better details
(Not lie?)

Unfortunately from a legal standpoint, as the full details are posted, they are legally covered.

From personal experience, I NEVER buy/sign up for anything just going off what people say (for rogers or any company)
I do all my research beforehand, website, flier, etc.
Also when dealing with any rep over the phones, before agreeing/signing up for anything, I have them send me a contract, agreement, quote, whatever, and that I can see the details before agreeing.
A pain/takes longer? Sure. But is a cover your rear type of thing.

I'm a Senior Advisor

"From personal experience, I NEVER buy/sign up for anything just going off what people say (for rogers or any company)
I do all my research beforehand, website, flier, etc."

THIS.   Do your homework before committing to something that's going to cost you almost $1000 a year.

I'm a Senior Advisor

OTOH, there are lots of people who take advantage of these limited time offers and when they come up for expiry, ask Rogers what else they can offer to retain them as a customer.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Lurker wrote:

THIS.   Do your homework before committing to something that's going to cost you almost $1000 a year.

So are you saying that the only way to do your homework is to visit Rogers.com? Do you mean to tell the OP that calling Rogers and expecting to get accuate information is not a reasonable expectation? Should the same thing not apply if you visit a Rogers store - that accuarate and up-to-date information should not be provided by the reps? I am sure the OP thought that when he was told one thing by a rep over the phone that he was receiving up-to-date information with no deception. Is it his fault that he was not told everything? 

I'm a Senior Advisor

I'm saying that before I drop four figures on ANYTHING, I'm not doing it on the advice of one phone salesman,  I'm going to get a touch more  information from wherever I can get it.

If I fail to do my homework, then that's on me.  Whether its right or not, its reality. 

I very much agree with you. I do my homework as well and check everything out to the last detail. That being said, if a Rogers rep cannot be honest with a customer (based of the OPs comment), then there is a problem. It is the point the OP was making and I happen to agree with him/her. Rogers should not be excused for not providing full disclosure to the customer because the customer might have done a little more homework!

What's New
WWE: Summerslam LIVE
Sunday August 19, 2018
LIVE: 8:00 PM ET
PPV Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD)
Price: $54.99
WWE Network Channel: 512 | 398 (Atl)
Price: $12.99
Full Details

Get ready for the biggest party of the summer. Don't miss Brock Lesnar, AJ Styles, Ronda Rousey, Roman Reigns, Alexa Bliss and all your favorite Raw and SmackDown Superstars at the hottest event of the summer. Live on Sportsnet pay-per-view or on the WWE Network, channel 512 (Onatio/Atlantic)

Ask an Expert: Ignite TV

Topic Stats